Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Spotlight On: Tomi Owó


I met a guy a few weeks ago and we got talking about music, art and drama. I told him about how I had gone on a fruitless search for alternative music in Nigeria, he asked for my phone and downloaded sound cloud and searched for ‘’Tomi Owó ’’





The first track I listened to from Tomi Owó made me slow my pace with the guy, who was already making my heart race. The song was‘’Rora’’ and features Afro Jazz Guitarist Femi Leye. I loved the Afro beat and Jazz fusion. It is a lovable song that tells a story of taking it slow with love and making promises. 

After my first encounter with her music, I couldn’t get her unique sound out of my head. So I went on to listen to more of her music and found out a few fun facts about her.

Tomi Owó is a ‘’Pop/Alternative Soul Singer’’ and song writer, she works at one of the leading commercial banks in Nigeria, but this hasn’t stopped her from pursuing her passion for creating music. She started a project in September 2015 to release a song every month; she works very closely with her brother IBK who produces all her songs.

‘’Rora’’ featuring Femi Leye is the fourth song from the project.

Other songs from the project are equally inspiring;

‘’Pieces’’ is the debut song of the project; it is a song every girl should send to that ex begging to have her back. The song’s lyrics explore the vulnerable emotions you feel when faced with making such decisions.

I recommend you listen to her other songs (Ile and Inside Out) from the project by following this link https://soundcloud.com/tomiowo  



Keep up with her projects and upcoming events by visiting her website, http://tomiowo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment