Thursday, 13 July 2017

A'Rese : More than the Voice



After I was done listening  to A’Rese’s 'Uwe No', I though to myself “ well, I’ve got to have this played at my wedding ceremony”

It just had this happy go lucky feel to it that appealed to your happy side and you maybe weren’t sure that you had started smiling. And its not just her enthralling voice that picks at you, its the soul you can feel in the music of the song.

Coming off of as the winner of the first edition of the voice Nigeria, I imagine it was probably something of a pressure to come up with a sound that both captured herself as a musical person and her audience that had grown to love her rather alternative style, voice and choice of songs.
But she did amazing, staying true to herself, now even if for the life of me, I don’t know what 'Uwe No' means but dear lord it’s a pleasure to listen to.

The song on its own takes a very engaging narrative arc that speaks to the simplicity of the human heart once its taken a bow to love, her amazing voice is not the only thing you get to enjoy in this amazing video and song, You have the pleasure of engaging Ladipoe’s lyrical awesome-sauce-ness.
His verse was basically the cherry and icing on a cake that is guaranteed to hit every of your nerve endings.

“ The story of how we fell in love, I’ll save the speech for my reception.”

You’ll have to listen to get it.





No comments:

Post a Comment